Nothing like a powerhouse breakfast to jumpstart your wonderful vegetarian life. But if you are way too busy to whip up something very early in the morning, here are a few breakfast quick fixes to tide you over:
- If you are like most people I know who is always on the go, you might as well keep a stash of ready-to-eat breakfast staples in your pantry, so you can easily grab them and place them in your lunchbox or backpack in the morning.
- Make a list of these breakfast essentials so you won’t miss out anything the next time you go to the grocers. Add yogurt, whole-grain unsweetened cereals and bagels, and eggs to this list.
- If you are really pressed for time, you might toss in a couple of your breakfast must-haves in your bag bring them to work: a piece of bagel and your jar of peanut butter, a tub of yogurt, a hard-boiled egg and some fruit.
- You can easily grab a piece of banana or any of your favorite fruit for a very healthy and filling breakfast
- If you have a few minutes to spare you can toss these items in a blender and combine until smooth, makes for a great early-morning pick-me-up:
- A pack of tofu, the soft variety
- A cup of frozen orange juice concentrate
- A piece of ripe banana1
- ½ cups of water